Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pea Soup

I've never had pea soup. But I felt today was a great day to try new things. I went into the kitchen this morning only to discover that I pretty much had nothing in my pantry. In the back of my cabinet hiding behind the sugar (John never organizes the cabinets the way I ask) I found a can of generic pea soup. I shrugged and decided I should try it since it was there and because there was nothing else.

What I made was amazing. I suggest this to anyone who wants something filling and savory. I literally just combined a few spices in my spice cabinet and voula.



Recipe:
  • One can of Green Pea Soup mixed with one can of milk
  • Ground black peppercorns
  • Mustard powder
  • Nutmeg
I put the soup and milk on the stove and added my spices (to taste) until the mixture was blended. It took me a while to get it perfectly blended and creamy but by the time I was done it was the consistency of potato soup. Once I was done, I added more nutmeg and some thyme as garnish.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment